People getting lip fillers for the first time might notice that their lips look very full right after the procedure. Swelling is a natural side effect of filler injections, and the size of the lips immediately following the treatment is not what they’ll be after a few days, especially if lip injection aftercare products are used effectively.
Still, clients can try to naturally reduce the swelling rather than wait it out. Relieving the swelling can also increase the longevity of the fillers and reduce pain after the treatment, improving the experience.
It’s very important to note that instructions for lip injection aftercare can vary based on the brand of injection, and you should compare the advice with the product’s guidelines. What follows are natural, safe ways to reduce lip swelling in general.
Natural Lip Injection Aftercare Steps
Each client can experience different reactions from lip filler injections, and the natural swelling can last for as little as a few hours or as long as a few days. Regardless of how long the swelling lasts, the client will find it much more manageable if they follow the steps for proper aftercare:
- They should drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- They should get plenty of rest, keeping the head elevated to relieve swelling caused by gravity.
- They should apply ice to the treated area.
- They should focus on foods with high amounts of vitamins and minerals, as these will help with the healing process. This includes eating a high amount of fruits and vegetables.
As well, by avoiding certain activities, clients will have a much more positive healing experience:
- Avoid sweating. This means no strenuous exercise or hot temperatures for two days after the treatment.
- Reduce salt intake. This means eliminating heavy table salt use and processed foods.
- Make sure clients do not use pain relievers that thin the blood. (E.g. acetaminophen and ibuprofen)
- No smoking!
One way you can relieve the discomfort of your clientele is by having them regularly apply a balm that is rich in naturally-sourced vitamins and antioxidants.
Providing The Right Lip Injection Aftercare Product
When it comes to reducing swelling, clients can only hold ice to their lips for so long. Many beauty salons and spas now send their clients home with a balm or salve made from natural healing ingredients. These types of products work using the natural antibiotic and antioxidant properties of specific plants. They come with a variety of benefits that aid healing and relieve discomfort while also avoiding harsh chemicals and artificial scents.
Crushed Aftercare’s Healing Lip Balm has been formulated with candelilla wax, vitamin E, and an infusion of arnica oil. Research has shown that these natural ingredients help reduce swelling, moisturize the area, and decrease pain after a lip treatment without added inflammation. The Healing Lip Balm will make clients much more comfortable in the hours and days following the procedure, and they will see that getting filler injections is a very positive experience!
Every Crushed Aftercare product is cruelty-free with no animal products or by-products included, making them perfect for vegan clients. It’s also an exceptional product for healing chapped lips, dry skin, and minor scrapes, burns, and skin irritations.